Treatment and evaluation for malnutrition
Hi, thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.
From your anthropometric data, I think you are definitely underweight
. Further evaluation is needed for treatment management.
I need the following information for further evaluation-
1. Do you have a history of chronic or recurrent diarrhoea
or bulky stool or bloating or irregular bowel habit? Is the stool difficult to flush or sticks to the pan?
2. Do you have a history of any recent medical illness?
3. Do you have intermittent fever
4. What is the BMI of your parents?
5. Do you have a past history of any significant medical illness (e.g. jaundice, TB etc.) or any operation?
I would also suggest you some investigations-
1. Complete blood count
, urea, creatinine
, electrolytes, LFT
2. Fasting TSH, Fasting lipid profile
, Fasting plasma glucose
3. Urine for routine examination
4. Stool for routine examination
For the time being my recommendations are-
1. Plenty of oral fluid (3-4 l/day)
2. Food should be taken at frequent interval. Increase the amount of carbohydrate
in your food. At least 300-400 gram of carbohydrates should be consumed. You have mentioned about animal proteins and fruits and please continue having that. You should also add 150 gm of vegetables, rich in green leafy vegetables in each meal (lunch and dinner).
3. Cap Bevon- One cap once daily for 1 month may be taken.
Please also consult your physician for further clinical evaluation.
Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you think I have satisfactorily resolved your query, please rate my answer. If you have any further query related to this, please write back.
In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.