question-icon

How to lower blood pressure level?

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014
Question: I took my blood pressure medicine (lisinoprel ) this morning after I went to the gym. I checked my pressure about 30 minutes later and it was 144 over 100. (unusual )

I drank some herbal tea Friday that I think I'm having a bad reaction too because its been up and down like this since

what can I do to get my pressure down?

Also how long does potential stimulants from a tea stay in your body?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it can be because of exercise also if you took BP after doing exercise . It is always recommended to measure BP after lying down for 15 minutes . then only you get the right reading .

It can be because of the tea that situation is very rare plus it depends on the type of tea leaves so it will be difficult to comment.

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist