Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

How to know if I am suffering from flu or strep infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12798 Questions
how can I tell the difference between strep and the flu?I'm having symptoms of both but really not sure which one I may have; what should I do?
Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The only way to know the infection you are suffering from is by getting a swab culture done. Bacterial infections are usually associated with a high grade fever with chills and rigor. But it is best to get yourself examined and investigated under the guidance of your physician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to know if I am suffering from flu or strep infection? 14 minutes later
thank you. I just discovered a new symptom, I went to the restroom to discover a lot of blood like I am on my period or something, but this can't be so because I just got off of my period like January 31...should I go to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The sudden bleeding that you had is likely to be due to a mild hormonal disturbance. If this has happened for the first time then you need to wait for a few days for it to subside spontaneously.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor