How to keep diabetes under control?
Hi good evening...
I am 35 years old and weighing 72kgs and height is 5 feet 7 inch. I am diabetic from last 1.5 years and i am taking Istamet 50/500mg tablet morning and in night after food and 5 days in a week i go for an morning brisk walking and got fair control on food habits. If i had any eatable items (chocolate, XXXXXXX sweets, beer or cool drinks) then that particular night i will have gluconorm SR 500mg tablet instead of Istame 50 /500mg. My present sugar levels are PPBS 140 -160 mg and FBS 110 - 130 mg so my question is shall i continue same prescription or any other suggetins???
Just,keep it up.
Thanks for posting your query.
You are on right track. Follow the same.
For control of diabetes three things are important:
Your blood sugar are almost normal. The target for fasting sugar is < 110 and PPBS is <140. Try to maintain it below this.
Apart from this go for HbA1C test every 3-6 months. This test can be done at any time irrespective of food and gives idea about control of sugar over last 3 months. The normal value is <7.
Try to avoid food with high sugar and calories as much as possible.
Go for regular follow up and maintain active and healthy life style.
Apart from this regular check up of blood pressure,lipid profile and kidney tests are also important.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Advise how to control gestation diabetes
- My diabetes is not under control after the treatment also
- How to control diabetics by siddha medicine
- How to control diabetic diarrhea
- How can one control diabetes and cholesterol
- How to control borderline diabetes
- Diabetic how to keep blood pressure in control
- What is the treatment to get diabetes under control
- How to keep diabetes under control
- How to control urea and creatinine in diabetic patient