How to keep blood sugar level in control?
Name of Insulin : Biphasic isophane insulie injection I.P Humen Misxtard
Please advise me how can control it
Get back with details asked.
Hi, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.
Sir, let me appreciate you for your concern to your father's health. To help me answer this, please let me know the following details.
1) What are the blood sugar levels now.
2) Units of insulin being used and timing.
3) Any other medication being used either for diabetes or for any other health condition.
4) Any stressful condition or any other health problems.
Please get back with details.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala
1) What are the blood sugar levels now. Fasting 140 after food 160
2) Units of insulin being used and timing. 7+7+7 moring + noon + night
3) Any other medication being used either for diabetes or for any other health condition. No any other medicine
4) Any stressful condition or any other health problems.Nothing
Nothing to worry.
Though the sugar levels you have mentioned are higher, practically nothing to worry too much. Even the dose he is taking is also very low. We common find such situations where sugar levels don't become normal for a period of time. If sugar levels don't improve after a period of time, then we do increase the dose.
Mixtard insulin rather than 3 times a day, it is better given two times a day. i.e., morning and night before food. If I were his treating doctor, the same dose I would give him 12 units in the morning before break fast and 10 units in the night before food. After trying this for around 2-3 weeks, if sugar levels are high, then slight increase of 3 units in the morning and 2 units in the night would help. You can discuss this with his treating doctor and see.
See that any signs of hypoglycemia like severe sweat, head ache, shivering and drowsy, then immediately give him sugar and meet the local treating doctor. This for your information which is mandatory for doctor to mention when ever change of drugs or dosage is done. Other than that nothing to worry.
Besides this the doctor should also consider if there are signs of infection. This is particularly important in case of wound healing. Presence of infection will also affect sugar control.
As of now you need not worry at all. Discuss about these changes with your treating doctor.
Hope this guides you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, you can please close the discussion and rate the answer. Wishing your father good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loprin and control of blood sugar levels
- How to control sugar level 367
- Blood check showed sugar level 300 how to control
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Diet to control blood sugar levels
- How to control high blood sugar
- Control blood sugar levels naturally
- Diabetic how to keep blood pressure in control
- How can i control my blood sugar level
- How to control the blood sugar level and high bp
- What are side effects of Ismat and Eurepa?
- How to control high blood sugar levels?
- What causes dropping of sugar levels after taking Actrapid?
- What causes pain at operated site of inguinal hernia?
- Suggest diet for diarrhea with chronic diabetes
- What does slightly higher blood sugar value even after metformin usage...
- Suggest best kind of clean air machine for asthma and allergy
- Should i start triglimprex inspite of having slightly high sugar levels?
- What causes uncontrollable sugar levels inspite of using janumet?
- How to control diabetes without any pills?