How to keep blood pressure under control?

Excellent

Question
my age is 50 and i am taking coversyl 5 mg and my pressure is 150/100
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What has changed recently in your life,habits,diet

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this recently out of control blood pressure. I am of the opinion that something has recently changed that may explain these poor numbers. A drug that has been working good wouldn't within a matter of days be totally unable to control the blood pressure. Even if there was going to some sort poor control solely due to this medication, it should be progressive and not abrupt.

The most likely explanation to this sudden change is a change in diet, life style or habits. Take a close look at your life and make sure there is no aspect of stress, poor sleep, etc. If you do figure out any possible abnormality, please get it addressed. Only after every other possible cause is addressed that I will consider your drugs as a possible cause.

For now, continue monitoring and search for precipitators like mentioned above. If it persists beyond 48hours, call the doctor. You may need some form of medical intervention to address this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: How to keep blood pressure under control? 1 hour later
Hello Dr. Ivo,

yes my diet went wrong because of lot of holidays last week, I brisk walk 8 to 10 KM 6days a week is this ok.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up with me.

Your exercise level is acceptable.

Please, watch your diet as this can cause major upset in your efforts to get your blood pressure well controlled. Get back to your routine diet and am sure this blood pressure would find its initial normal numbers.

Keep me updated and I wish you well.