How to induce vomiting after taking Methamphetamine?

Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: need to nobwhat to give someone who has taking meth an can't some throwing up what is a good thing
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Throwing up may require hospital

Detailed Answer:
In theory, flat ginger ale, taking small sips frequently and building up the amount, going with a bland diet and with mainly clear fluids like soda, juices, soups.

BUT if the vomiting prevents enough fluid coming in , if there is fever, if there is abdominal pain, and certainly if there is blood or dark coffee ground looking stuff (dried blood) then hospitalization is required. Dizziness, fainting not peeing are all indications of severe dehydration.

Flat ginger ale is a non-prescription item that inhibits vomiting and also helps dehydration. Pepto dismal might be useufl, but doesn't work as well and is not helpful on dehydration.