Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How to increase weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 959 Questions
Hello doctor, I am 22 and my height is 175cms, weight 53.. I am under weight.. I really want to increase my weight.. I face problems while eating food.. if I am eating something which I don't like, I feel like getting vomit and if I try to eat forcefully I will get vomit definitely.. please suggest me what to do.. is there any medication available.. I am a vegetarian..
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
try nutrigain

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern about low body weight.
There are no medicines for increasing body weight as such, but some drugs cause weight gain as a part of their side effect. We don't want to use such drugs.
The best solution is to take high protein nutritional diet and see that you take in more calories than you spend in a day.
You may try "nutrigain" high protein powder dialy for 3 months, take it as fruit punch by adding 2 bananas daily. See that you stretch up most of the muscles for best muscle growth.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to increase weight? 12 minutes later
Hello doctor,
Thanks for answer but I didn't ask medication for weight gain.. I asked for my vomiting problem.. I am not able to eat because of that even if I want to.. suggest me something for that
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sorry for that.

Detailed Answer:
There seems to be a digestive problem. Do you have frequent belchings or burning pain in the stomach??
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to increase weight? 7 minutes later
No doctor, nothing of that sort.. it's just that feeling.. I only get that vomit feeling while eating food items which I don't like.. others can that some how even if they don't like.. but if I try to eat that forcefully I will get vomit.. I feel very much hungry but I can't eat that since I get vomit..i hope you understand my problem. suggest me something for that..
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
try these drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hi, you can try omeprazole or rabeprazole along with ondancetran. Both are available over the counter. Take omeprazole once a day at 6 am and ondancetran twice a day for 1 week and see the difference.
If there is no improvement, you can consult your doctor.
Hope I am clear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor