Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

How to increase the sperm count? Difficulty in erection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 218 Questions
Can you help me in increasing my sperm count, quantity and erection problem
during the intercourse erection is not staying for long time and sperm quantity is also very very less, i am married in 2006, no children because of above problem, used Homeopathy medicine for some time, that time my count was increased to 20ml from 3ml, after stopping the medicine it has again came down to 6ml, now i am not using any medicine but i want to go for this immediately, as my age is running out, please advise how to go with this, i am from Hyderabad working as an accountant, works on online/computer for 10/12 hours a day, please help me out and suggest if you have any clinic/specialist here in Hyderabad
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 22 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

As per your query, the sperm count is low and you are facing difficulties to parent a child since 2006. Accordingly I think it is high time that you and your partner seek help from an infertility specialist. You may need to try assisted fertility techniques - your specialist will be able to suggest you the best available form of treatment based on the evaluation.

I understand the stress and worries you would be facing. These factors may be causing erection issues. I suggest you to consult a competent urologist to rule out any associated medical problems. Blood test and ultrasound / Doppler scan are entailed. A brief course of phosphodiesterase - 5 inhibitors like sildenafil is sometimes prescribed to help men gain erectile functions back. Your urologist can help you in this regards.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr Nandita Thakkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor