Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

How to increase my height and weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Hi Doctor!! i'm 5'5 and weighing 56 age of 24, i'll feel very weak often and i would like put soome weight and height too pls suggest
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Height is not possible, healthy weight possible Detailed Answer: Hi I am sorry to say that you would not be grow in height naturally after 18 yrs. The epiphysis (growth plates) of long bones are fused by then. So I suggest you concentrate on putting healthy weight. Healthy weight is about growing muscle and active aerobics. You need help of physical trainer and dietitian both of them to help you. You can start taking more protein and fat to replace refined carbohydrates. I mean you should talk to Dietitian about protein rich food and good fat (MUFA and PUFA) You should replace white bread, white rice, potato, refined flour and have whole carbohydrates. Same time legumes, peas, dried seeds, dry fruit are very healthy fats. You should also look at lean meat, egg protein etc to increase protein intake. Exercise - 3 times a week, muscle strengthening exercises, 5 days a week, 30 minutes of jog / walk / swim. Once you achieve this exercise tolerance level you should speak to dietitian for a plan and menu parallely.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor