Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to increase height?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
Hi please help me,my son is 17 years old turning 18 but his height is only 5.2 or 5.3 and not increasing inspite of me trying with milk ,organic whey etc powder,healthy eating,what should I do ,has he stopped growing,how to increase height,all suggestions are appreciated,will his height increase,all his classmates are much taller than him
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Final ht.depends on ht.of parents & not food alone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. The final height of your son depends on the genetic makeup which has been provided by the parents rather than only on the food and supplements. Yes, a good balanced diet shall certainly help but that is not the only thing to help. Your son's classmates may be taller because of their genetic make-up. I suggest that you keep a record of your son's height. You will notice that it will increase but the rate of increase shall now slow down till the growth stops at around 21 years of age. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts. Wishing your son all the best. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor