How to increase height?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello doctor...I am 23 years old and I am 5'3"
I want to increase my height till 5'6"or more
Help me by prescribing something.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
I would like to know following details:
1. Any history of any thyroid disease?
2. How about height of your parents?
3. Are your pubic hair growing normally?
4. What is your body weight?
Revert with these details for a better help.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
1. No thyroid disease occurred till yet.
2. Mom is 5' and dad 5'7"
3. Yes normal pubic hair growth.
4. 49 kg
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Since you don't have any medical issues, it seems that you have this height as constitutional as your parents height is also like that only.
Height increases till a age, then it stops increasing as the end of long bones fuse by this time (As you are 23 years old, your long bones end must have fused by now).

If you don't have any medical problems, i would not suggest you any medicine for that. Some people try hormones, but trust me interfering with hormones of your body can be serious

Since you have no problems, you can just get your thyroid test done, however its unlikely to be a cause.

Stay away from Newspaper & TV advertisements claiming to increase your height
Remember
"Stature doesn't make difference, Acts does."

Dr Anshul Varshney , M.D.