How to increase AMH levels?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
My AMH is 1.8 , is that too low? Is there a way to increase this natuarally?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ATTACH TEST REPORT.

Detailed Answer:

Kindly, upload your test report (AMH) to assist you better and give proper guideline.

Waiting for your response.

Dr S Patra.

Follow-up: How to increase AMH levels? 42 minutes later
It is attached in my profile.

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your information.

1) AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) is the hormone for measuring ovarian reserve. According to NICE guidelines, AMH level less than / equal to 0.8 ng/ mL predicts a low response to ovarian hyper-stimulation. AMH is a GOOD indicator of female fertility assessment. Average range is around 3 ng/ ml.

2) Now, coming to your query, AMH value at 1.8 ng/ ml is suggestive of BELOW NORMAL range. It indicates LOW FERTILITY (ref 0.3 – 2.2 ng/ ml). Satisfactory Fertility range is 2.2 to 4 ng/ ml.

3) It is quite difficult or hard to increase AMH level as it doesn't change much at this age group. However, Vitamin-D and DHEA supplement can improve to some extent. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326