Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How to improve speech in a child?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 1194 Questions
Hi My baby boy is of 2.5 years old but still he can not speak more than few words like Papa, Tata etc.. I've get him checked with pediatrician and start giving multi vitamin syrup as per prescription but its seems not effective. Can you please suggest what I can do in this case. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: wait & watch,speech therapy Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to the XXXXXXX Nothing to worry! Be patient. He will speak of its own.Does not seems to be abnormal (provided all possible major mile stones are with in normal limits). Its my personal experience that many children do speak at the age of 3 years. Rehabilitative activities like let him live with peer group for better exposure. No sign language to be used. Proper nutrition with supplementation like iron syrup along with multivitamins to added. Speech therapist to be consulted, along with ENT consultation for hearing if he does not speak even after three years of age. Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for further clarification. Thanks,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor