How to improve kidney function?
keep blood pressure controlled
Thank you for contacting HCM wth your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you have early stages of renal failure. The most common cause of renal failure is hypertension and diabetes. If you have either of these conditions then you must be sure to keep tight control on both conditions. If you can keep control your kidneys may improve. Also you need to stay away from all NSAIDs this includes ibuprofen and naprosyn. These medications are direct irritants to the kidneys. Alcohol will also affect your kidneys
The best thing to do is maintain good overall health, Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, drink plenty of fluids, reduce weight if you are overweight and get regular check ups.
1. renal failure common with diabetes and hypertension
2. Keep tight control on diabetes and hypertension
3. Avoid NSAIDs
4. Avoid alcohol
5. Exercise regularly, lose weight and eat a heart healthy diet
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
GFR of >60
If what you say is correct and your GFR is Greater than 60 then you should be fine. The loss of renal function will be minimal and will probably not progress to dialysis. You are actually a long way away from dialysis at this point. Just really keep your blood pressure controlled exercise and stay otherwise healthy you should be good.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mastoditis and kidney function
- Borderline kidney function in teenagers
- Can kidney function improve over time
- Newborn kidney function
- What to eat to improve kidney function
- Does bifilac improve kidney function
- Entrrogermina to improve kidney function
- Marfan syndrome and kidney function
- Improving kidney function with diet
- Improve kidney function
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?