How to improve WBC and platelet count?

Nephrologist
Question
Hi, Father is suffering from lymphoma.WBC and platelet count is reduced.He is going through Chemotheraphy.Next chemo is on 4 Aug 2014.How can we improve WBC and platelet count.Dr said if WBC and platelet not improved,it will tough to give chemo.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Lymphoma

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bicytopenia

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Leucopenia and thrombocytopenia is common after chemotherapy, it is because of bone marrow depression. Not all leucopenias will require treatment, some of them will recover on its own.
Please get back to me with the values of the Hb, WBC and platelet count so that I can help you with the management

I hope to hear from you soon