Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to improve IQ in mentally retarded patient?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
My doughter age about 19 yrs has been suffurring for mentally retardation. Now she is improving but i want to vist cmc in the month of March' 2014. Pls inform .
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: IQ will not improve with medications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Your daughter is 19 year old and the IQ of the patient may not improve further. Moreover no medication can improve the IQ. Its only her adaptive skills that can help her further and this requires intensive occupation rehabilitation. You can visit CMC as its a good institute but try to continue your treatment at your local place as it will require frequent follow-ups. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor