question-icon

How to identify withdrawal bleeding?

Posted on Fri, 4 Dec 2015
Question: i had my period on the 17th or 18th of october for 5 days followed by 2 more days of light spotting. I had unprotected sex on 30th oct and took the ipill within 1 hour.
for the next 13 days did not experience any bleeding or spotting but today i.e. on the 14th of nov i have started bleeding. could this be my normal period or is this withdrawal bleeding?
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
May be your periods or withdrawal bleed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

As you have got bleeding around the expected time of your menses, so its difficult to say whether its withdrawal bleeding or your normal periods.

Anyhow, bleeding indicates that you are not pregnant.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN