How to identify tonsil stones?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i have a picture of i think is a tonsil stone but its dark brown not white i scrapped it off with my finger
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tonsolith

Detailed Answer:
I saw the picture attached.
Where did you take the stone out of? Tonsil stones cannot be taken out with finger they are impacted into the tonsil deep into the fossa
Second I had always witnessed creamish hue to the stones or the yellowish tinge to the stones and not the brown ones, although the shape is similar irregular borders and spiky as this is in the picture.
I suggest to check with primary because the place where the stone comes out is accessible to infection and can be dangerous