How to identify an HIV rash?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Thu, 21 Jan 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Can you get the hiv rash 6 weeks after possible infection, and can it be the only symptom, I have a very mild rash, I also do hot yoga and wonder if it is just a heat rash, it is a very mild rash, i know the only way i will know for sure is to get tested and i am waiting for 3 month window period.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
unlikely HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
This would be an unlikely presentation for HIV. It usually shows up as a cold or flu symptoms with cough congestion and low grade fever. I suggest you get tested now and again in 3 months. Heat rash seems most likely.
Dr. Robinson