How to have an intercourse to get pregnant?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi! we are couple and trying to conceive. We tried to intercourse , it penetrated around an inch or two and ejaculation did happened. She even lied around some 15 min after having the sex. Are there chances of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YES, SHE CAN BE PREGNANT.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, she can be pregnant if sexual intercourse is done during her OVULATION day (14 days prior to due date) or FERTILE days (11th-19th day of 28-30 days cycle) with 1-2 inch penetration inside vagina.

Additionally, she can use OVULATION PREDICTION KIT in the mid cycle to track down ovulation day to maximize chance of pregnancy.

However, deep penetration inside vagina is preferred. She can use one pillow under her buttock for better penetration. Water based lubricant is also helpful.

Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 10 minutes later
Thanks!! Doctor for the suggestion.

However just a quick followup, intercourse was performed during ovulation day.

Shall we expect any early symptoms which may help us to identify in case of success?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

Early symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp or backache, breast tenderness, frequent urination, mild white discharge etc.

She must undergo one home pregnancy test soon after missed period and repeat the test after 7 days for confirmation.

Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer.

Good luck and all the best.

Dr Soumen