How to give yellow fever vaccine to an elderly?
Indications for yellow fever vaccine
Welcome to health care magic.
Yellow fever vaccine can be given to children and adults in endemic areas, persons anticipating travel to an endemic area like XXXXXXX South XXXXXXX etc, international traveling.
17D strain vaccine is available which is given as a single dose subcutaneously.
Yellow fever vaccine is contraindicated in:
1.Infants under 9 months of age
3.Persons with egg allergy
4.Immunodeficiency - HIV, malignancies, chronic diseases like diabetes, tuberculosis.
For international travelers vaccine is given 10 days before the expected journey.
Cholera and Yellow fever vaccine should be given 3 weeks or more apart.
As mentioned in your query, a 73 year old man or woman if fit with no other associated diseases which can cause immunodeficiency, vaccine can be given without any complications.
I hope I have cleared your doubts.
Please get back if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellow fever vaccine banglore
- Yellow fever vaccination in sperm
- Yellow fever vaccination center
- Yellow fever vaccine and alcohol
- Usage of Yellow fever vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine duration
- Methotrexate and yellow fever vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccination and alcohol
- Yellow fever vaccination pregnancy
- Yellow fever vaccine complications