Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of tobacco?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3027 Questions
Hello Sir!!! its XXXXXXX here(age 41)...would request n seek your advice for tobacco (gutka) habits
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Submucosal fibrosis. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Gutka (Betel Nut) chewing as you must be aware can lead to Oral Cancer. The symptom you are describing might be because of complication of Gutka Chewing called as "Submucosal Fibrosis". It might be an initial stage , later you will have difficulty in opening your mouth even a little bit. I would advice you to get an evaluation of your oral cavity by an ENT Surgeon , and for dental issues you should meet a dentist. I would advice you to immediately stop this habit. For addiction problem , you can use Nicotex 4mg Chewing gum , if you get clearance from ENT surgeon and dentist that you don't have any oral ulcers. Nicotex would be very helpful for you. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor