Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of swelling,tenderness,burning sensation and numbness in grion area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2569 Questions
I have swelling ,tenderness,slight burning sensation&numbness in my right grion above the genitals
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms you describe are most likely related to a bit of nerve compression that may be related to the use of the climbing harness. This is usually self limited and will resolve in a number of days. It does not sound like a hernia unless you can somehow feel a lump or bulge in the groin area.

In order to facilitate the recovery process, I suggest you try taking ibuprofen 600 mg (3 tablets) three times per day for the next 2 to 3 days. Take this with food as it sometimes irritates the lining of the stomach.

I hope this information has been helpful and reassuring for you. I am certainly available for followups regarding this if you need.


Dr. Robert Galamaga

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor