Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of stye on eye which is coming in between my vision?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
First time in my life a had Eye stye few days back, I did not know it was a stye I thought it is eye infection and consulted general physician he gave me medicine the pain went away and irritation went away....but there are two pop up kind sphere remains on my upper eye lid...How shall I get rid of them they come between my vision is very irritating ...plz help
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may be chalazion. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you had stye or hordeolum of the eye lid gland which was treated by General physician. Stye or hordeolum is because of inflammation involving one of the glands of the eye lid and treatment is by antibiotic eye drops and antiinflammatory drugs, probably which were given by your doctor. Coming to your present problem of having pop kind spheres on upper eye lid probably indicate a chronic condition involving the glands of the eye lid called as chalazion. Chalazion can occur as a result of previous hordeolum and unlike hordeolum chalazion is not a infective condition. It is because of blockage of duct of the gland of the eye lid resulting in accumulation of the secretions resulting in swelling. The treatment in the initial stages is by applying hot compression by a cotton dipped in warm water by pressing over the swelling. If it is not responding to hot compression it needs either a injection of long acting steroid drug directly into the lesion or excision by direct incision of the lesion. Hence you need to consult eye doctor for further examination, confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly. If you can send a photo if possible I can confirm the diagnosis for you. Hope the information helps you. With regards Dr. DADAPEER k
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get rid of stye on eye which is coming in between my vision? 42 minutes later
I have uploaded the photo in my profile's report section, Please let me know how shall I goo about it
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 6 hours later
Brief Answer: It is chalazion. Detailed Answer: HELLO Mr. XXXXXXX Thank you for the followup query I went through the photo, the diagnosis which i had suspected based on the history provided by you was right. The swelling is still showing redness of the skin suggesting inflammation.. I will treat a patient presenting with this clinical picture first with Hot compression as I had mentioned Oral antibiotic eye drops like Ciprofloxacin 3-4 times a day Oral antiinflammatory drugs like Diclofenac 0nce or twice a day Most of the times the lesions may respond to the above mentioned treatment. After waiting for 1 week depending on the status I will consider Intralesional injection of long acting steroid or Incision and curettage of the lesion At the same time I would like to rule to predisposing factors by examination like Refractive error Allergic conjunctivitis Inflammation of eye lid margin Hence I suggest you to consult eye doctor for prescription of the drugs and other treatment options as I have mentioned and also to rule out above predisposing conditions and treatment for them if they are present to prevent recurrences of the condition. Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer if you have any other queries. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor