Thanks for the query
After going through your description I do feel you are suffering from acute pharyngitis
Acute pharyngitis is the sudden onset of inflammation of the throat, characterized by throat pain, fever, enlargement of the lymph
node in the neck, etc. The recurrent pain is due to improper treatment. Antibiotics has to be taken for seven to ten days.
Meanwhile you can try the following:
1. Drink plenty of warm water – this helps in improving the blood circulation, keeping the mucosa moist and relief from pain
2. An anti-inflammatory medicines such as diclofenac
for the relief of pain.
3. Continue gargles with povidone iodine
solution for the speedy recovery.
4. Once you consult your doctor, request for a throat swab and change in the antibiotic.
5. Also, avoid smoking/chilled food & beverages/alcohol/coffee/exposure to A/C till you recover
Hope I have answered your queries; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon