Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of skin tags under the arm and on the inside of upper leg?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Yes, how do I get rid of skin tags under the arm and on the inside of my upper leg?

Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

If the skin tags are not bothering you, they need not to be treated.

But if the skin tags are multiple and bothering, you can opt for their removal.

There are many methods to remove the tags as follows :

1.Tieing of the tag at narrow base with a piece of dental floss or string

2.Freezing with liquid nitrogen

3.Electric cautery

4.Surgical excision of tags with instruments with or without local anesthesia.

Usually skin tags are benign and harmless.

Treatment is not required unless they are multiple, bothersome, or cosmetically disfiguring.

Dermatologist will deal with the removal of skin tags, therefore I advise you to consult the Dermatologist for the examination and their treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor