How to get rid of recurring pimples on the face of a 10 month old child?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Child Health
Question: hi doc, my 10 month old baby developed a pimple like thing on face 3 weeks back. It went in 2 days. But again, a pimple came on the same spot after few days, which also disappeared in 2-3 days. Now, the pimple appeared again , but this time instead of drying out, it has spread like a small rash. attached is the pic. he has no temperature rise or anything.please advise whether this is anything to be worried about.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome as of now.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone carefully through your query and have checked the attached image. I understand your concerns. I suppose that the pimple is due to a bacterial infection (boil). You need to apply some topical antibiotic like Neosporin or T-Bact (Mupirocin) for the next few days. If the child is otherwise active and playful, you need not worry. If the child becomes lethargic or develops fever, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the blood tested.

Dr. Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T