Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of premature ejaculation ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
How to get rid off Premature ejaculation (PE) ? I am a man ejaculates earlier than my wife reaches to climax?
I am trying some ayurvedic medicins but don't see any improvement.

Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 27 hours later

Various psychological causes for premature ejaculation can be : alcohol abuse, some ongoing issues with your partner, performance anxiety, stress at work, carrying occupational worries home, spending less time in fore play are commonly noticed. Try to address them one by one with the help of a Psychiatrist / Counselor in your area.

You need to get a random blood sugar test too.

Plus understanding and educating yourself and your partner about various stages of sexual cycle and then controlling or timing the orgasm accordingly will also help your problem. There are some tested techniques employed during sexual intercourse like START STOP and SQUEEZE technique. It would be better if you can physically XXXXXXX a proper counselor / Psychiatrist who can demonstrate it well. You should practice it for few times to learn it better. All these can be embarrassing but this how you need to learn.

Additionally, taking long acting SSRI group of drugs like fluoxetine or dapoxetine will delay the ejaculation. I am not sure how does the ayurvedic drugs work. The above recommendations are purely on scientific evidence.

Hope this will give some light

I am available for further discussion

Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor