Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of post pregnancy weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
hi doc I hav a concern I just delivered baby lat year through lscs.i hav stretch marks and m concern about weight.i follow diet like sallad & oats in morning thn green tea then in lunch I hav 2 rotis 1 small cup rice with curd dinner I hav oats or rotis. I was 93kg during my 9th month now im 75kg aftr my delivry. I did my tyroid test reports are normal. but still my eeight is not reduced and also my stomach has a flab which wasnt there befre my pregncy. kindly advice .
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Calorific diet, Exercise, Yoga and Meditation. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is usual to have weight gain during the pregnancy. You had planned to return to pre-pregnancy weight either with in 6 or 9 months. One thing i have noted that you do not do any exercise. Without exercise it is very difficult to reduce weight. 1. Calculate the calorie for your weight and activity. Strict to that. 2. Burn calories by regular exercise 3. Plan to reduce weight gradually. try to reduce 2 kg per month. 4. Instead of sticking to strict diet, take variety of foods, vegetables and fruits. 5. Do not skip meals 6. Take plenty of green vegetables and fruits. 7. Completely avoid oily, fat rich and deep fried foods. 8. Drink plenty of water. 9. Very important this Exercise. Initially start with stretching exercises and walking. Then do Aerobic exercises like jogging, skipping etc. If you do this , your weight will start reducing. Apart from this , Stress is one of the main cause for weight gain. Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor