Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of painful boils on back and chest area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
Painful Boils on the back and chest area
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 8 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance.

From your description, it sounds like it could be furunculosis, which is a bacterial infection.

I would recommend that you take a short course of oral antibiotics like erythromycin and apply mupirocin cream over it twice a day for a week.

You will need a prescription from your doctor for the same.

This should help in resolving the boils.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor