How to get rid of itchy dandruff?

Dr. Pravin Banodkar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering from dandraff which XXXXXXX itch to much and white powder fals if I rub the head. Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 9 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the query I would be pleased to answer you with the same .
You will need to follow a regimen for about 2 months .

You should use over the counter ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and fluocinolone containing shampoo one day a week .

In case it does not improve with this treatment in a weeks times , you will need to put a steroid based lotion overnight on the scalp for atleast 15 days .
There is no need to wash the hair and scalp daily .

Please also book an appointment with the Dermatologist to rule out Psoriasis of the Scalp if it does not improve in 6 weeks

Thanks and take care.

Follow up: Dr. Pravin Banodkar 18 hours later
Hai can you please refer the brand of shampoo which contains the ingredients you have prescribed.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 hours later
Thanks for the query .
Over the counter anti dandruff shampoo is Nizral lotion .. Fluocinolone shampoo is Sebowash . You would need a prescription for this shampoo.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pravin Banodkar 20 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
You are welcome.
Please do give a positive Feedback . It would add to my credentials. Thanks