How to get rid of hair fall and oily scalp?

Dr. Bharat Chawda

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I shampoo daily . If I don't shampoo for one day my hair become dirty and sticky and they fall a lot when I shampoo the other day.
So it harmful to shampoo daily?
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 22 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query,

You have provided with good information regarding your hair problem and it is a very good description. I appreciate it.
I understood your problem .
With the history what you have submitted it seems you are suffering from either seborrheic dermatitis or wet dandruff or simply seborrhea.It means that you have very oily scalp.
XXXXXXX you should shampoo your hair only twice or thrice (if really needed) a week.
You haven't mentioned which shampoo you have been using (medicated or non-medicated ) .Since you have a very oily scalp I would advice you to use a medicated shampoo like Triatop shampoo twice a week. Along with this you can use a Beclomethasone dipropionate lotion on scalp twice a day applied topically.

Daily application of shampoo is harmful since these are chemicals & would also dry you scalp and hair a lot. But you should wash your hair daily.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow up: Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 minutes later
I use Head n shoulder..my scalp on the contrary is dry..i get dandruff easily...and if i dont shampoo scalp gets itchy...plz suggest a shampoo for me..
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

If your scalp is dry and you get dandruff ,then what you have is called dry dandruff. Triatop shampoo would do good for you in this situation also. Use it twice a week.

For itching on scalp you can use Beclomethasone dipropionate lotion as discussed earlier.This has to be used twice a day drop-by-drop on scalp.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Follow up: Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later
i hope this shampoo is not very strong n will not result in hairfall or whitening of hair
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later
Hi!,

The shampoo suggested is not a very strong shampoo so as to cause hair fall or whitening of hair.But it is one of the best for sever dandruff .The chemical content of the shampoo is ketoconazole 2%.

I hope this answers your query,