How to get rid of dry skin and dark round patches?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Dry Skin
Question: my son has got dry skin which looks like snake skin.he is now 26 years old but he is not ready to get married.pl help.
He is regularly applying aloevera jel in the skin but the problem is severe in winter season.He was ok when he was born. on birth he had jaundice for which he was given photo theraphy treatment. After he become ok from jaundice he was given bath. as soon as bath was given dark round patches like snake skin appeared in the body. every body said over a period it will go but it did not.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
The condition your son is suffering from can be ichthyosis vulgaris or lamellar ichthyosis.
It is a genetic skin condition it can only be controlled but not cured.
If you can upload photographs of the affected area it would be of great helpin predicting the condition.
Photographs can be uploaded by using UPLOAD YOU REPORTS SECTION.
Treatment would involve vitamin supplement and few topical cream like Venusia XXXXXXX cream twice daily.
Few prescription drugs can be used to clear the skin.they can be given by dermatologist after proper examination.
He can get married and have normal life.
There will be no problem in married life.
Hope this helps.
Upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Regards.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist.