How to get rid of constipation?
You should take plenty of fluids and fibres
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
There may be many reasons for constipation in your age group.
You need proper examination by surgeon.
Investigations like routine hemogram,ultrasonography,colonoscopy,barium enema can be done to rule out any pathology.
Mostly it is functional.
It may be due to less fibre and fluid intake,less physical activity,chronic medication or age relate degeneration.
You should take plenty of fluids and fibrous diet in the form of salad,vegetables,fruits.You should also increase your physical activity in the form of walking etc.
Laxatives can be given for short duration.
Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to manage constipation
- How to get rid of constipation naturally
- How to overcome vyvanse constipation
- Cant get rid of constipation
- How to treat baby constipation
- How to poop when constipated
- How shall i get rid of constipation
- How to treat ivf constipation
- How to clear constipation
- How to get rid of medication related extreme constipation
- Been sick. Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and...
- How to get rid of constipation?
- Intense pains in legs and have a meniscus injury. Having lower body...
- Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?
- Smell in urine. Epididymitis attack with pain at the base of penis....
- Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent...
- Noticed spotting after sex. Is this sign of pregnancy?
- Seem to be having gallbladder attack. Undergone gall bladder removal....
- Tightness in the testicles and pain in tip of the penis. Underlying cause?
- Taking statin. Found a small benign liver cyst in CT scan. Are they...