How to get rid of body moles?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have a mole when born. but now i found some new small moles on my body. will do anything harm?.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

Moles can be of different types they can be benign and premalignant.

I would like to know-
In what time these new moles have erupted ?
What is the size of biggest mole?
What is their site?
Is any mole symptomatic like pain/itching/bleeding?
Is there change in their color?

Also Can u upload the photos of the moles?
Photos can help a lot in predicting their nature.

Answer the questions and upload photos,and we can continue our discussion here.

DrSudarshan
Dermatology
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 19 hours later
the biggest mole is have when born. size is more then 5 mm diameter. but other two small moles also have. size is less then 5mm dia. and also i have seen last week 2 to 3 very small moles. but i do not know when it form. i added the big and other small one's photos.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 43 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for the details.

Ive gone through the images.

They are acquired melanocytic nevus. There is nothing to be worried about if you dont have any bleeding/itching /pain/rapid growth in them.

If they become symptomatic then a dermatologist opinion would be required.
Otherwise no further action is required.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

DrSudarshan

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 6 minutes later
sir melanocytic nevus , what is this. there is no symptoms like you said. if new moles occurs , is there is any problem. may i surgery the big one?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 53 minutes later
Hi again,

If there are no symptoms there is nothing to be worried about.

The melanocytic nevus is a scientific name for colored moles.They arise from cells called melanocyte in skin.

Surgery is not needed if they are asymptomatic and there is no rapid growth.

A consultation with dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis and allow treatment if needed.

Hope this clears the confusion.

DrSudarshan.

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 11 minutes later
if new moles comes like that , will create any problem ?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 17 hours later
Hi again,
If many moles appear suddenly within few weeks and grow rapidly then it can be a problem.

One or two moles in a year is not much of a problem.

A visit to qualified dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis and provide you the treatment if required.

Regards.