Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

169 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to get rid of blisters on forearm?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 11654 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a blister on my forearm about the size of a dime. It looks like a burn but doesn't feel like a burn. I do not recall burning myself and there is no pain. This has happened before but the lesions were much smaller and once healed they became freckle like with no texture to it. What do you think this could be?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your description the lesion that you have seems to be due to a superficial skin infection. A direct examination is necessary for diagnosis.
Topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin and Bacitracin might provide some relief till you consult your dermatologist for proper systemic antibiotics and other treatments.
The systemic causes of such recurrent skin infections needs to be detected after a physical examination and suitable investigations.
Till then avoid bursting the blister and maintain a good hygiene.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 hours later
Thank you for your quick response. I have fungal infections on my feet (toes), Under my breasts up to my arm pits , the oral surgeon said I have a "raging fungal infection" in my mouth. All my teeth have all rotted out rather quickly it seems over the past 2 years.

I got bronchitis and pleurisy 2 months ago and I still have a slightly sore throat. I had laryngitis up until a couple of weeks ago and still get it back on long days and first thing in the morning.

I had 2 lesions removed at different times from my palate. Both were squamous cell carcinoma. I have a third one now, further back, that they are going to biopsy eventually.

I have a couple of different kind or cysts on my tongue. I My mouth hurts, I can't eat solid food. I have Thrush. Now I have this on my arm.

I have had all of this the past year or so. I am part of a managed health group so I can't just go to another doctor. I have to go where and when me they send me. When I asked them why they were just treating the symptoms they said they couldn't do anything else. The medicine I'd require: diflucan, would react badly with the 10mgs of methadone I am on. They took me off morphine (without even telling me much less discussing it with me) shortly after I started with the program in August of 2010. I have chronic pain so I need something to help tolerate the pain. I wish they would put me on something else and treat the fungal infection(s).

But anyway. Sorry to get so long winded. My question for you is, what type of specialist should i go to, when I'm off the program to take care of this?
I am leaving this organization next month.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
It would be best to consult a dermatologist to solve all your skin infections.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Chronic pain

doctor1 MD

hi i had a gastic bypass in sept 2011 and have lost weight im now deficient in vit d plus i suffer from fibromyalgia . i am a sgl parent and since the operation have had a terrible cough/chest infection for 6 weeks from dec thru to jan.ive had lots of stress and depression as ive struggled to cope with everything,ive been experiencing chronic pain in my face,gums and teeth and cant rest @ nite as its all made worse by the fibromyalgia.also im having trouble with pains in my fingers and feet and loze feeling sometimes also i cant always feel heat or cold having probs with incontinence wix is ading to the stress/ my periods have really changed since the operation and now im not able to keep a tampon in as after a short while it just falls out.i cant get proper quality sleep coz of the fm and this then cuses all the knock on effects,im constantly exhausted and in pain and it hurts to do things like drive, sometimes just using my fingers like now to type is excruciatingly painful.

doctor1 MD

i suffer from extreme bloatedness, suffer all day everyday with it. no matter what weight i am/was i always look heavily pregnant. i sometimes have severe pain on my left side during sex, the pain is in the area over my hip and is a very internal pain. i have alot of stress in my life and go through stages of depression very regularly. my diet isnt super but it isnt over bad either, i am quite sedentary as i have had chronic back pain since i was 17 or so, it makes running/exercising very difficult. thought it might be IBS but i dont suffer from constipation or diarrhea . any ideas as to what is wrong with me as i know it is not normal, thanks.

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor I ve had a bad pain in my left side back and front for 3 days now. Went to a walk in doctor and he said it s not my spleen or kidney . The pain gets worse when I eat and I have had some constipation with it. Now I m having pulsating on the inner side of my left knee no pain though just annoying. I also had pain in the right side of my neck. I ve been sick since April and now I m concerned about my pancreas . What could all of this be?

doctor1 MD

I can't get to sleep tonight. I have severe butt pain especially whn I lye down. Excursion. It shoot lik a knife. I'm on steroid , doesn't or didn't help Went to a pain doctore but he seems to thinks it a muscel and want me to do physical therapy...

doctor1 MD

Is it worth it to try hemp oil for pain and if so, what qualities should I be looking for?. Can you recommend a product. What makes the price differ so much?

doctor1 MD