How to get rid of blisters on forearm?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a blister on my forearm about the size of a dime. It looks like a burn but doesn't feel like a burn. I do not recall burning myself and there is no pain. This has happened before but the lesions were much smaller and once healed they became freckle like with no texture to it. What do you think this could be?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description the lesion that you have seems to be due to a superficial skin infection. A direct examination is necessary for diagnosis.
Topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin and Bacitracin might provide some relief till you consult your dermatologist for proper systemic antibiotics and other treatments.
The systemic causes of such recurrent skin infections needs to be detected after a physical examination and suitable investigations.
Till then avoid bursting the blister and maintain a good hygiene.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 hours later
Thank you for your quick response. I have fungal infections on my feet (toes), Under my breasts up to my arm pits , the oral surgeon said I have a "raging fungal infection" in my mouth. All my teeth have all rotted out rather quickly it seems over the past 2 years.

I got bronchitis and pleurisy 2 months ago and I still have a slightly sore throat. I had laryngitis up until a couple of weeks ago and still get it back on long days and first thing in the morning.

I had 2 lesions removed at different times from my palate. Both were squamous cell carcinoma. I have a third one now, further back, that they are going to biopsy eventually.

I have a couple of different kind or cysts on my tongue. I My mouth hurts, I can't eat solid food. I have Thrush. Now I have this on my arm.

I have had all of this the past year or so. I am part of a managed health group so I can't just go to another doctor. I have to go where and when me they send me. When I asked them why they were just treating the symptoms they said they couldn't do anything else. The medicine I'd require: diflucan, would react badly with the 10mgs of methadone I am on. They took me off morphine (without even telling me much less discussing it with me) shortly after I started with the program in August of 2010. I have chronic pain so I need something to help tolerate the pain. I wish they would put me on something else and treat the fungal infection(s).

But anyway. Sorry to get so long winded. My question for you is, what type of specialist should i go to, when I'm off the program to take care of this?
I am leaving this organization next month.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It would be best to consult a dermatologist to solve all your skin infections.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.