question-icon

How to get rid of acne and post-acne spots?

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2018
Question: Hello, My sister had severe acne on her back since teenage . Now she is 21 years old. Her dermatologist prescribed her to use a-ret gel 0.5 When she stopped its usage, these acne marks have developed which haven't gone since a year now . Acne also keeps coming back again and again ..especially in summer season . Please suggest a gel to get rid of these marks and scars and to get a clear back skin. please find the picture attached for your red. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding acne and post-acne spots.

Detailed Answer:

Hello. Thank you.

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

I suggest her to use a benzoyl peroxide creamy wash e.g Brevoxyl 4 %creamy wash instead of a soap. In addition, I suggest her to use a 2%Kojic acid cream e.g Kojic cream during the day and Adapalene with Clindamycin combination gel e.g Deriva CMS gel for night application. These are prescription medications and I advise you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist