Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from upper and mid section abdominal pains?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1824 Questions
upper abdominalI am having upper and mid section abdominal pains on both my right and left sides of my stomach. on the right side of my UPPER stomach I have pain that is sharp and comes and goes throughout the day and lasts 2 minutes at the most.. and on the left side of my stomach the mid section is in pain off and in throughout the day and it is more of a duller pain and also last for about 2 minutes at the most as well. but both pains don't come on at the same time ever. I am only 14 years of age and I know I am a little to young to b doing this but I wanna make sure this isn't serious.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar kini and I pleased to answer your query.
The pain you have mentioned is more suggestive of acid peptic disease.
Since you are just 14 years old, it would be better if you get examined by your doctor.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get relief from upper and mid section abdominal pains? 14 minutes later
is acid peptic disease a common thing in kids? and is it a serious thing or does it just go away on it's own?? because I have been experienceing the pain for more than a month.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 minutes later
Yes acid peptic disease can occur in a 14 year old.
It is not always serious, though at times it can lead to serious complications.
It may resolve on its own though most often medications are necessary. But it can recur.
The ideal thing to do is to get examined by your doctor who will confirm the diagnosis and also rule out other causes of abdominal pain that includes functional abdominal pain, parasitic infection etc.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get relief from upper and mid section abdominal pains? 8 hours later
OK thank u so much.. I have one more question but it doesn't have to do with abdominal pain I think it may have to do with muscle spasm????.. when I was 9 years of age I used to jerk my head backward constantly and if I didn't it make my neck feel really uncomfortable as though I had to do it or else. but then it went away after age 10 and come back at age 12. but when I was 12 I would jerk my head backward,forwards, and side to side as if I was saying (no) but my head shakes that way really badly and now that I am 14 the same thing. is happening as when I was 12 but it IA happening all the time and I can't stop it.
I think it is a muscle spasm but I don't know because I have never been on any medication b4 so..
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
You can post this as a separate question so that an appropriate expert would assist you.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor