How to get relief from tooth pain?

Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Question: Hello Doctor. How r you.
My enquiries regarding long standing tooth pain.
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

I would like you to know that long-standing pain is following an infection, which has now become chronic.
As you mentioned here about a root canal treatment, it is quite clear that as the treatment could not be completed, therefore infection persisted.
I will advise you to see a dentist as the tooth causing pain needs to be diagnosed and accordingly treatment will be provided.

In your case, dentist will first take an X-ray of your tooth and then advise you the treatment.
Kindly avoid taking painkillers for a long time as they have side effects.
Perform warm saline rinses (3-4 times/day), it will relieve pain temporarily.

I hope this answer was useful.
Kindly write back if you have further queries.
I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later
Thank you so much for the advice Dr. Bibhu Dutt.

I will follow your instructions.
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 8 hours later
I am glad you received the answer ,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan