How to get relief from severe tooth pain?

Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Dental Health
Question: Severe Tooth pain
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us,
I would be glad to answer your query, but before that I would like to ask you a few questions as well so that I can guide you better.
Tooth pain can be due to various reasons;
1. Decay or caries,
2. Tooth fracture,
3. Infection in gums,
4. Trauma,etc.
Treatment is rendered after diagnosing the cause,therefore I would like to know if the tooth has decay?, is it associated with any bleeding or swelling ?,
Do you experience sensitivity to cold or hot drinks /food?,
since how long is the tooth ache present?,
Is pain present throughout the day or sometimes?
Have you taken any dental treatment for the concerned tooth in past,
Are you on medications for the tooth pain?
I would really appreciate if you could provide me with some of the answers for above questions, this way it will be convinient for me to provide you with a proper answer.
I wish to hear from you soon,
I wish you good health.