How to get relief from severe headache?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi... I am suffering from severe headache.. i will get severe headache twice every month and lasts for 2,3 days.. i cant open my eyes when i get headache..
I spend most of my time using my laptop for research.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 16 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

The most likely cause for your recurrent headaches is migraine.

In this condition, headaches may affect one or both sides of head and may be accompanied with nausea or vomiting. Pain gets worse with bright light or sounds.

Since you have frequent headaches, you require preventive medications such as flunarizine, propranolol or divalproex to prevent headaches in future.

For pain relief, you may take naprosyn or rizatriptan tablets.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)