Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from pain in Cavernous Hemangioma especially after sclerotheraphy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
hello doctor, my sister is having a pain in her left calf. last week she had undergone a sclerotherapy. the doctors diagnosed it as CAVERNOUS HEMANGIOMA Now she is having a severe pain. how to get relief from it? Please guide me with necessary steps for relief
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer: limb elevation, rest and analgesic will help Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXXX Presence of severe pain in Cavernous Hemangioma especially after sclerotheraphy is due to thrombosis of blood vessel and associated sterile inflammation following the procedure. If there is pain at only the site of cavernous Hemangioma there is no cause of concern, following will be helpful 1. Local application of Ice: 3 to 4 minutes every session 5 to 6 times a day 2. Rest and limb elevation by placing pillow under the leg 3 . Analgesic like Ibuprofen will be very helpful in relieving pain. If the pain is diffuse and involving whole of calf, possibility of sclerosant agent extravasation in normal veins is to be suspect. In that case would advise you to consult Pediatric Surgeon at earliest. In case you require any further assistance,will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor