Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from clogged feeling in the ear?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10351 Questions
I have a swimmer ear. I went to the doctor friday. He suction out my ear and put a foam wick in. The foam wick fell out yesturday morning while i was sleeping. And he told me to talk the pills he gave me and put the drops in my ear. But i have not feel any relief and my ear feels clogged again. What should i do. Should i go to the Er to get it suction out or should i want. Or what else.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The clogged feeling in the ear is likely to improve with the decongestant ear drops and antibiotics over 5-7 days. You need to use the drops as advised by your physician for at least three days and still if there is no improvement in the symptoms then you may go for a follow up visit for a re-evaluation.
It takes almost a week for full recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor