Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from back pain?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Hi Doctor, I am suffering from back pain problem. it has suddenly started from last about a month. it pains a lot around waiste while making moves, getting up after sitting for relletively longer time in one position. im 29 years of age. pl advice thanks
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting query.

Firstly, back pain is not a specific symptom of any particular disease entity. It is caused by many disease. Pain around waist can be caused due to any disease occurring at or around that particular area.

But, in our clinical experience, most common cause is musculoskeletal. The symptoms you described also supports this. It is most commonly seen in persons of your age doing desk job most of the time in front of laptop or computer.

This type of pain also commonly seen during the seasonal variation like in the first part of winter.

But do not take this pain casually, because it may be early sign of osteoarthritis.

The pathology behind this pain is just muscle tightness. So, all you have to do is to relax the muscles of your back.

You have to follow some instructions –
1.     Do some freehand exercise every day. For very specific exercise, you have to consult a physiotherapist.
2.     During your work in front of computer, you should take micro break of 5 minutes in every 1 hour.
3.     If you are overweight, then you have to lose weight.
4.      For present situation you can take any nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent like aceclofenac and paracetamol.
5.     You have to take a pantoprazole group of drug before breakfast every day.
6.     You can also take a drug containing chlorzoxazone. It will relax the muscles. But you should not take this for long time. Its most common side effect is gastric irritation.
7.     You should consult an orthopedic surgeon for a thorough clinical examination for specific findings (like restriction of movement), ordering special investigation ( like MRI scan) if required, and also for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor