How to get relief from back pain and leg pain?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Question: i woke up with my lower back hurting and my left leg hurts
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

In most cases back pain and left leg hurting is due to several causes like improper working pattern, stress, wrong sitting and sleeping postures, muscular strain, stress and lack of exercise.

To allow me to help you better, please let me know if you also have any of the following complaints:

Pain associated with stiffness in your back
Pain aggravated on forward bending
Pain in other joints
Pain traveling to thighs/legs
Any kind of loss of sensation and tingling in legs
Weakness in legs

Also let me know duration of pain (from how long you are suffering from this pain)

Once I have these answers, we would be able to discuss the treatment better.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta