How to get cure from severe cold, cough, blocked nose and breathing difficulty?

Dr. Samik Basu

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: severe cold, cough ,nose block & not able to breathe properly while sleeping?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 9 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

The most likely diagnosis would be flu like syndrome, probably viral in nature.

I hope she does not have any fever.

If someone in the family has a similar ailment then viral disease is confirmed.

Give your child nasal decongestants round the clock, add a mild antihistaminic syrup, and some muclolytic drops.

If she persists to have severe cough, has respiratory distress or develops high fever get an X-ray of the chest done and consult your pediatrician.

Hydrate her well and feed her some feeds at regular intervals.

Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries, kindly direct them to me.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery. Have a nice day.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E