Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

How to gain weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Hi, I am sister of XXXXXXX i am 23 years old and my weight is 40kg , height is 5.1" I think I am under weight so I want to increase my weight.Can you please me what to do as I want to increase it upto 47-50 kg. thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Frequent high calorie snacking is the key Detailed Answer: Hi First I suggest you get tested for any medical conditions that cause underweight. Most like nutritional in nature. If there is no medical condition then you should concentrate on the diet. The simplest tip is depend on high calorie snacks. They should be stocked up or hoarded in your bag all the time. You should pick them up every 2 hours. You might have a question of what are high calorific snacks that you can grab. I have few examples but you should speak to Dietitian. Mayonaisse sauce with salad Milk shakes with ice cream Breakfast bars with nuts Peanut bar with jaggery Cheese sticks Peanut butter with strawberry These are nutritious yet calorfic.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to gain weight? 7 minutes later
as such there is no problem ... nd please provide me proper calories chat.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ask A Dietitian service Detailed Answer: Calorie based chart can be prepared by dietitian only. We are not trained in that. Since you have 'Ask A Dietitian' free service you may use the opportunity
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor