How to flush out Cotinine from the system?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I have a pre-employment continine test with in 24 hours. Is there a way to mask or remove from system? I have been smoking 1/2 pk daily for 10 years--I have cut down to 4 daily but over weekend smoked a pack.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no way

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I like to inform you that there is no way to fool the system if you are actively smoking.

I encourage your efforts to cut it down but complete abstinence is only solution to avoid positive test.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Anyway to help mask or lower level of continine in my system?? How long does it take for continine and nicotine to be eliminated from your system?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nicotine remains in the system for around 24 hours

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

As I said earlier there is no way to mask the level of nicotine or continine to avoid positive drug test results.

Generally nicotine gets eliminated from the system within 24 hours while continine can stay upto one week in the system.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.