How to diagnose sexual aversion disorder?

Dr. Susanta Padhy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Question: What are some of the current issues in diagnosing sexual aversion disorder?
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 29 minutes later
Hi

The current issues in diagnosing sexual aversion disorder are different for male and female, if you are talking of individuals

But, nonetheless, if you are talking of couple in a long term marital or non-marital relationship, the issues are as below:

a. issues like local pathology in vagina/ cervix etc

b. The long-term or short emotional relationship among both

c. Past sexual relationship (quality) of both the partners

d. Any ongoing difficulty in life , for either partner, work schedule etc

e. Personality

f. Poor knowledge, understanding and / or implementation of that knowledge at bed side

I tried to answer your question broadly, as your question is an open ended. Hope this is what you were asking for

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli